Sunday, May 05, 2013

6th Sunday of Easter, 2013

The mood was definitely Jubiliant!

When I saw the list of hymns which included 'Thank You Lord', ' Let there be peace on earth'.....I thought.....how boring. How come when it comes to my turn to play the organ, the hymns are so blah?

But how wrong I was. I was actually euphoric!
I was not the only one that was euphoric, so was the conductor, so was the entire choir in fact.

Maybe it was because we just went through a period of famine. This reminded me of how God led the jews to wander in the desert for 40 years before leading them into the Promise Land.

It also reminded me of how Jesus said, the temple will be destroyed but it will rise again on the 3rd day.

It also felt very heartwarming that the young lady and the young guy actually rose to the occasion to play the mass ordinaries. Like I said before, stop molly coddling and they actually will rise up to the challenge.

Looking forward to a stronger and more vibrant worship in the weeks and months ahead.


1 comment:

maryanne said...

There was great energy within us....must be the work of the Holy Spirit.

The Lord has blessed us with young people like Joseph and Christabel coming forward on their own. Our responsibiity to God is now to nurture them well so that they will be our successors in SCC as we age gracefully....